MASTER OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (SUSTAINABLE ENERGY)
40 Credit Hours
February & September
The Master of Electrical Engineering (Sustainable Energy) is an ideal program for graduates from engineering or other relevant backgrounds who have an interest in pursuing a successful career in research, technological change and the commercialisation of renewable energy systems. Students will have the opportunity to advance their engineering proficiency and develop new skills and knowledge. Through the exploration of current and emerging technologies and applications for renewable energy, students will be prepared to make significant contributions to their professions, the economy and society. Students will be taught by academics who are experts in their fields and have access to a range of exceptional facilities and resources.
A Bachelor degree with honours (minimum CPA 2.50/4.00) in the relevant area from recognised or equivalent professional qualifications that are recognised by the University;
A Bachelor degree or equivalent not meeting CPA 2.50/4.00 can be accepted subject to a minimum of five (5) years working experience in the relevant fields.
- International Student: IELTS Band 5.0 or TOEFL Paper Based - 500 points, TOEFL Internet Based-Test (IBT) 60 OR TOEFL Computer Based-Test (CBT) 173.
- The certification SHOULD NOT be more than 2 years.
- Students from countries of US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, in which English is their native language or the candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction is English. However, must submit evidence of support as proof.
- International students with Bachelor and Masters’ degrees from Malaysian universities, English requirement not needed.
Master of Electrical Engineering (Sustainable Energy) is a 40 credits program comprising:
21 credits of core courses;
9 credits Electives course;
10 credits for project, which introduces candidates to research.
Normally, students will complete the requirements for the Master of Electrical Engineering (Sustainable Energy) in one year of full-time study and two years for part-time study.
- Research Methodology
- Occupational Safety and Health & 6 Sigma
- Numerical Method
- Power Electronics Design
- Energy Management and Efficiency
- Photovoltaic System Design
- Energy Storage
- Wind Energy System
- Engineering Elective I
- Engineering Elective II
- Engineering Elective III
- Master Engineering Project 1
- Master Engineering Project 2
- Power Quality Grid Integration
- High Voltage & Electrical Insulation
- Artificial Intelligence Applications in Power System
- Advanced Power System Analysis and Design
- Lightning Protection & Grounding System
- Vehicular Power Electronics
Click here for more details:
* Included Medical Checkup Fees (without x-ray examination fee) at UMP Clinic.
Please refer to the medical form for more details.
**Not included VISA and HOSTEL fee.
*Full time: Minimum 12 credit hours per semester
*Part time: Minimum 6 credit hours per semester
*Applicable to the registration from September 2018 and onwards.
Applicants may apply through UMP postgraduate website http://ips.ump.edu.my/, using the online application form available on the website. Upon filling-up the application form, applicants must forward copies of the relevant documents e.g; academic records and transcripts through electronically. All applicants should be accompanied with the processing fees of RM50 for Malaysian OR USD 30 for international applicants. The relevant documents and processing fees are compulsory for the administration process.
Click here for more info.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
|PEO1||Graduate professionally being recognised based on their technical expertise and accomplishment to engineering practise.|
|PEO2||Graduates continue to acquire advanced knowledge for professional development in pursuing of life-long learning.|
|PEO3||Graduates display commitment to the community and the professions, holding position that contributes to the benefits of the society.|
|PEO4||Graduates continue to evaluate problem critically, generate solution and publication adhere to legal, ethical and professional codes of practice.|
Programme Outcome (PO)
|PO1||Demonstrate mastery of advanced knowledge in the electrical engineering field and have the capabilities to further develop or use these in new situations or multi-disciplinary contexts.|
|PO2||Analyze and evaluate problems in the electrical engineering field critically and to provide solutions through the application of appropriate tools and techniques.|
|PO3||Relate ideas and research evidence to societal issues in the electrical engineering field.|
|PO4||Demonstrate ethical qualities in communication and conduct according to professional codes of practice|
|PO5||Disseminate theory and findings in respective fields of Electrical Engineering|
|PO6||Manage knowledge for lifelong learning and continuing professional development.|
Our postgraduates generally progress to exciting roles in design, research and development with multinational companies or government agencies, obtain consultancy posts with consultant companies or move into academic careers
- Sustainable energy-related consultant
- Academic post
- Design engineer
- Energy manager
- Energy auditor
- Research engineer
- Senior electrical engineer
Further study options