MASTER OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (SUSTAINABLE ENERGY)
By Taught Course (MQA/FA8827)
Master of Electrical Engineering (Sustainable Energy) is an ideal program for graduates from engineering or other relevant backgrounds who have an interest in pursuing a successful career in research, technological change and the commercialisation of renewable energy systems. This program allows advancing your engineering proficiency and developing new skills and knowledge. Through the exploration of current and emerging technologies and applications for renewable energy, you will be prepared to make significant contributions to your professions, economy and society. Click HERE for the course brochure.
- Bachelor's Degree (Honours) in a related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00 or its equivalent; OR
- Bachelor's Degree (Honours) in a related field with CGPA less than 2.50/4.00 or its equivalent, can be accepted subject to a comprehensive internal assessment and must meet the following criteria:
- 5 years of work experience in a related field; OR
- 1 year of work experience in a related field AND
- Portfolio endorsed by faculty expert; OR
- Obtain mini. B+ grade for three (3) core/elective courses; OR
- Obtain at least Grade A- for final year project.
- Candidates who are not in the related field must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the faculty.
- APEL A Certificate (APEL T-7): Malaysian citizen of at least 30 years of age and possess at least STPM / A-level / Diploma / Equivalent qualification with relevant work experience.
International Student: IELTS Band 5.0 or MUET Band 3 or TOEFL Paper Based - 500 points, TOEFL Internet Based-Test (IBT) 60 or TOEFL Computer Based-Test(CBT) 173.
*The certification SHOULD NOT be more than 2 years.
- International students with Bachelor's and Master’s from Malaysian Universities, English requirement is not needed and also to Malaysian students.
Master of Electrical Engineering (Sustainable Energy) is a 40 credits program comprising:
- Research Methodology
- Occupational Safety and Health & 6 Sigma
- Numerical Method
- Photovoltaic System Design
- Powe Electronics Design
- Engineering Elective 1
- Energy Storage
- Wind Energy System
- Engineering Elective I
- Engineering Elective II
- Engineering Elective III
- Master Engineering Project I
- Energy Management & Efficiency
- Master Engineering Project II
- High Volatage & Electical Insulation
- Artificial Intelligence Applications in Power System
- Power Quality Grid Integration
- Vehicular Power Electronics
- Advanced Power System Analysis and Design
- Lightning Protection & Grounding System
- Full-Time: 1 Year (max. 3 years)
- Part-Time: 2 Years (max. 6 years)
Click here for more details:
- LOCAL STUDENT: RM14,475.00
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENT: RM25,425.00
- OFFSHORE MASTER COURSEWORK PROGRAMME (STUDENT FROM LIBYA THRU PREMIUM LANGUAGE CENTRE): USD $15,300.00
* The above fees are only for full-time students for 3 semesters of study.
Note: Excluding Other Fees such as processing fee, entrance fee, miscellaneous fee, visa, EMGS etc
*Full time: Minimum 12 credit hours per semester (Local & International students)
*Part time: Minimum 6 credit hours per semester (For local students only)
Applicants may apply through UMP postgraduate website https://ips.ump.edu.my/index.php/en/, using the online application form available on the website. Upon filling-up the application form, applicants must forward copies of the relevant documents e.g; academic records and transcripts through electronically. All applicants should be accompanied with the processing fees of RM50 for Malaysian OR USD 30 for international applicants. The relevant documents and processing fees are compulsory for the administration process.
Click here for more info.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
|PEO1||Graduate professionally being recognised based on their technical expertise and accomplishment to engineering practise.|
|PEO2||Graduates continue to acquire advanced knowledge for professional development in pursuing of life-long learning.|
|PEO3||Graduates display commitment to the community and the professions, holding position that contributes to the benefits of the society.|
|PEO4||Graduates continue to evaluate problem critically, generate solution and publication adhere to legal, ethical and professional codes of practice.|
Programme Outcome (PO)
|PO1||Demonstrate mastery of advanced knowledge in the electrical engineering field and have the capabilities to further develop or use these in new situations or multi-disciplinary contexts.|
|PO2||Analyze and evaluate problems in the electrical engineering field critically and to provide solutions through the application of appropriate tools and techniques.|
|PO3||Relate ideas and research evidence to societal issues in the electrical engineering field.|
|PO4||Demonstrate ethical qualities in communication and conduct according to professional codes of practice|
|PO5||Disseminate theory and findings in respective fields of Electrical Engineering|
|PO6||Manage knowledge for lifelong learning and continuing professional development.|
Our postgraduates generally progress to exciting roles in design, research and development with multinational companies or government agencies, obtain consultancy posts with consultant companies or move into academic careers
- Sustainable energy-related consultant
- Academic post
- Design engineer
- Energy manager
- Energy auditor
- Research engineer
- Senior electrical engineer
Further study options